Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Watermelon Martini

So, it was late at night and I had this urge to make a drink. Why, I wasn't sure but I went into my refrigerator and rummaged through it to see what all I had. On the bottom rack was some leftover watermelon that I had had from the other day. Hmm, a Watermelon Martini....I never tried it before but a martini isnt that hard to make.

Watermelon Martini
  • 1/2 cup of fresh watermelon juice (just press some out with a cheesecloth.)
  • 1/2 cup vodka (I used Pravda)
  • 1/4 cup simple syrup (1 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water)
  • the juice of 1 lime
  • ice
  • sugar (optional)
  • watermelon slices for garnish (optional)
If you are using the sugar, wet the rim of your martini glass with some of the watermelon juice and dip the rim into the sugar.
Pour the juice, vodka, syrup, and lime juice into a shaker. Top with ice. Shake and pour through the strainer into the glass.
Add the a watermelon edge as a garnish if you like.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment